Saturday 3 March 2012

Carmex vs Burt's Bees


I have always been a lipbalm kind of girl so tinted lip balms for me are great. I recently discovered these 2 Burts Bees tinted lipbalm in Hibiscus and Carmex moisture plus in peach. 


As you can see from the picture above the colours are almost exactly the same. 

The Burt's Bee's one to me smells horrible, I mean I cant smell it when its on so I don't mind to much. The product itself looks great on the lips a a kind of sheer colour but at £5.99 I wont be repurchasing.

I love the smell of the Carmex one even though it smells of vanilla and I normally hate vanilla. It is super creamy and gives off the same amount of colour as the Bursts Bee's one. I didn't realise this until looking up the price online but it has an SPF15 in it which I am super impressed by. At £4.49 it is a bit steep for a lipbalm but I think I will repurchase it.



(Hibiscus on top and Carmex Peach on bottom)

Have you tried either of these lip balms? What do you think of them?

Megan xx

PS - Dont forget to enter my giveaway which ends tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Nice review :) But I agree, the smell of Burt's Bees is slightly off putting.
    Definitely getting the Carmex lipbalm or just the cherry tinted one!

    ~Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete