Monday 16 April 2012

Guest post: Rediscovered products

Hi everyone today's post is by Jemma from Bamboozle Beauty Blog which was one of the first blogs I ever read. 




First of all I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to Megan for letting me write on her blog. It's such an honour as I love this blog lots! When I left for university, I restricted myself make up wise as I just didn't know how much room I was going to have. But this weekend, I went back home and I decided it was time to take some make up back with university with me. So after a week of playing around with my 'old' and 'unloved' make up, I'm here to show you my favourite rediscovered items!

When I first bought this foundation, I wasn't a big fan of it. This was mainly because it's very sheer and my skin is far from perfect. However, since going back home I've started using this as a sort of primer underneath my foundation. I do still use a primer but I use this afterwards to even out my skin tone and by doing this, I end up using a lot less foundation. It also keeps my skin moisturised all day long without it looking like an oily mess.

No7 Blush Perfect in Soft Damson - 
Unfortunately this product is now discontinued and as you can tell my the packaging, it's very old! But I love it so much. When I first started getting into make up, this found its way to the back of my drawers as it isn't quite as pretty as Nars' Deep Throat however now, I'm starting to see just how beautiful it is. It's completely matte and a musky peach shade that really awakens your complexion and sits lovely on the skin. I love this for every day use. 

Natural Collection Duo Eyeshadow in Blackcurrant/Violet (http://www.boots.com/en/Natural-Collection-Duo-Eyeshadow_24260/) -
I bought this when I was first getting into make up and quite frankly, I didn't have a clue what to do with eye shadow! But now that I do, I'm loving this. I wore it today for work and because I have green eyes, the purple tones really bring out the colour of my eyes and makes them stand out. The eye shadows are easy to blend and very pigmented. They also last all day long with a primer.

I'm obsessed with lip balms and I have over 30 so it's safe to say that many get thrown to the pack of my drawers. But I had forgotten to take one home with me when I went back so I had to use one of my 'unloved ones.' I adore this one! It tastes and smells beautiful and really moisturises the skin without leaving them feeling heavy.

Avon Glimmerstick Diamonds in Twilight Sparkle (http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=43814) -
I can't believe that I didn't bring this Glimmerstick to university with me. You only have to look at the swatch to see how beautiful the colour is. It's blue and has some lovely sparkle in it. The pencil is also very easy to work with and can be blended out well. I also find that this lasts exceptionally well on my eyes even without a primer. I'm a big fan of this!

No7 Precision Brow Definer in Brown/Black:
And finally, another discontinued product unfortunately. I'm really not happy that No7 decided to discontinue this as it's hands down my favourite brow pencil yet. The colour matches my eyebrows lovely and the formula is very soft and glides gently over the skin. The best thing about this brow liner though is that you don't need to set your brows afterwards. This brow liner has something in it (I think) which acts as a wax and helps to keep them in place all day long!

Have you rediscovered any old make up items recently?'

No comments:

Post a Comment