Saturday 2 June 2012

May Luxbox

You may have seen my last post about the April Luxbox but I have had so many questions about the May one that I have decided to put this post up straight after the last Luxbox post. I hope you don't mind.



Sorry for the slightly awkward photo, things wouldn't fit in the box properly :)

Anyway I was very excited about this box and when I received it I became even more excited. This month 4 of the products are from brands I have never heard of, so I really am getting to try new things.


This hand and nail cream smells gorgeous. Its a non greasy formula ans soaks in super quickly leaving hands feeling soft and smelling lush. This is the 25ml bottle, the full sized 75ml bottle costs £7 which is quite reasonable.



Murad Exfoliating Cleanser


This is the only brand in this months box that I have heard about before but haven't tried any of there products. This is one I have heard mentioned a few times on blogs but its not a product that everyone raves about. I am excited to give it a try myself and if you would like to see a review let me know.


Rosebud Perfume Co. Mocha Rose Tube


This is my second least favorite product in this box. I hate petroleum based lip balms like vaseline and this feels really greasy on the lips. It smells and tastes like vanilla but its not my kind of lipbalm. This is the full size I think but I cannot find a price for it anywhere.



Sensationelle - Flicktips


These are by far the most unusual and creative product in the box and the one I am the most excited to try. They are eyeliner extensions, so you do your normal liquid liner then attach one of these to the end so you can have different wings to the traditional flick. These are full sized party range and cost £8.99.


Papier Poudre - Rachel Booklet

This is the product I am the most dissapointed with, not because of the product but because of the colour. I was sent Rachel which is the colour for dark/medium skin tones and I am super pale. Anyway the concept of the product is great, they are like oil absorbing sheets but with powder on them so the powder blots the skin as you blot away the oil (if that makes sense). I can't find a price for these either.


Overall I think Luxbox is a great subscription service although one thing that would help is putting the full sized prices of each product on the card that comes with the box.

If you would like to see a full review of any of the products please let me know

Thanks
Megan xx


No comments:

Post a Comment