Yesterday I made some yummy Easter cakes and thought I would share the recipe on here. They are super simple to make so if you wanted something easy to bake this afternoon this might be just the thing for you.
4oz of caster sugar
4oz of butter (I use stork)
6oz of self raising flour
2 free range eggs
For the decoration
4oz of butter
6oz of icing sugar
2oz of cocoa powder (not sweetened cocoa)
Mini eggs or other chocolates
To make the cakes.....
- Set the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Whisk the sugar and butter together until the mixture is a pale colour and creamy consistency.
- Add in the eggs and whisk
- Add in a couple of drops of vanilla essence
- Add in the flour and whisk
- Bake for 10-25 minutes or until golden brown. Just keep checking on them to see when they are done.
For the buttercream
- Using a spoon cream together the icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter until a dark colour and a consistency that is loose enough to pipe. It may take about 20 minutes but think of the exercise :)
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cakes when cool and decorate with mini eggs or other chocolates! I also used creme egg splats on some cakes!
I hope you are all having a lovely day! Please let me know if you enjoy baking posts.