Friday 3 January 2014

Christmas Goodies 2013

I know I am a bit late on the bandwagon here but I thought I'd show you some of my Christmas presents from this year. I love reading these posts so thought I'd do my own, I am in no way showing off and I am so grateful for everything I received.



This year I took part in a blogger secret Santa and received some lovely gifts from Amy (who I met at the Nottingham blogger meet up in April). I absolutely love all of the gifts that Amy bought for me and I can tell a lot of effort went into choosing the items. If you haven't noticed from my blog, I love to bake so the Cupcake recipe book was such a great present for me! Amy also got me a set to make my own scented hanging hearts, which I can wait to do as I love crafty projects, as well as a cupcake case set complete with cake toppers which is lovely and something which will definitely be used soon!



My main present from my parents was a new laptop as my old one was almost 7 years old and although it lasted me well it was definitely on it's last legs. I picked the laptop and got it about a month before Christmas as I needed it for school work and my old was a bit too slow to cope with. I got a couple of other little things from my parents too including;

I am definitely not short of nail files now. The sheep ones are a bit of a novelty item however I have never had a glass nail file before and after hearing they are much better for your nails than normal emery boards I am excited to use it. Pens are something I can never have too many of. These have become my new revision pens (is that really sad?) There is a bit of a story behind the duck pen. Basically I used to collect these pens when I lived in Scotland so when we were in Bakewell a few weeks ago and I saw this I had to have it.


After going off the body shop for a while I now love their products again so was thrilled when I saw the Snowman shea duo in my stocking, which contains a body butter and lip butter. I also love the body shop hand creams, so was so happy to have the wild rose manicure and moisture duo which contains a hand cream and emery board. 


Divergent wasn't a book I had heard of but when my friend suggested it as my Christmas gift I looked it up and it sounded great, its meant to be a bit like the Hunger Games so obviously is perfect for me. After seeing the film trailer I am so excited to start reading this as the storyline seems really gripping, I have a feeling once I start I won't be able to put it down. My parents got me the highway code book so that I can 'revise' from it when I learn to drive. 


I love these ear muffs which have built in headphones. Amazing right? Anyway they are so warm and snugly and although I probably won't be wearing them outside I love them. Who said you can't wear ear muffs indoors! The bunny night light is something I have wanted for ages after seeing countless people talk about it. Its adorable and its such a cute addition to my bedroom.

I actually got 2 of the Lynx sets, are people trying to tell me something? The scent is quite nice and shower gel and body spray always come in handy so I will definitely use these. I also got another shower puff from the body shop.

If you have done a Christmas present blog post please leave the link below, I am so nosey and love to see what other people got!

Megan xx

10 comments:

  1. You got some lovely things...love the bunny light x

    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The bunny light has taken pride of place on my desk :) xx

      Delete
  2. The Body Shop snowman set is so cute! You got some great presents.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Body Shop seemed to have some amazing gifts this year! xx

      Delete
  3. you got some lovely gifts!i remember getting the highway code for my birthday when i was 17 hehe!im now following your lovely blog chick!:-)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's going to be so useful :) xx

      Delete
  4. You've got some really cute things! :) Loving the look of the cupcake book because I love baking too :D Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be sure to review it when I've used it a bit more xx

      Delete
  5. I got cupcake goodies too! Everyone will be expecting some lovely sweet treats now! ;) lovely gifts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect excuse to bake, not that I need one haha :) xx

      Delete